Friday, February 18, 2011

Blog Post # 5

Blog Post # 4
                                                                                 

My podcast project was really fun to do.  It has been my favorite project so far.  I like the fact that you can be creative in all sorts of ways.  Making the video feels like your doing a movie.  I love doing stuff like that.  I could do podcast even if it was not for school.

Podcast Collection is an article that explains how to use a podcast.  Judy Scarf explains that a podcast can be very helpful in any subject.  She also explains how that information can be used to show millions of people on the Internet.  At the end of the article there is a link that explains how to do a podcast.

The Education Podcast Network is an article that focuses on how to bring podcast and many teachers together.  There goal is for the teachers to be able to help other teachers with their ideas.   They can create a podcast that explains some  teaching strategies.  I believe that this is a good idea.  I believe this will give teachers many options  on how to do things.  You never know when a good idea might help your classroom.



In the video Podcasting In The Classroom, Harry Dell explains how a podcast in the classroom can be beneficial.  He explains how students can work outside of the classroom on a podcast.  He also mentions how parents can see what the kids are doing in the classroom.  I think he is correct on his view of the podcast in the classroom.  It will get be more creative for the students.  This is something that kids will love to do.

I learned from 100 Ways to Use Your iPod to Learn and Study Better, that a student can download  audio notes  for subjects like Business, Sociology, nursing and many more.    I have learned many ways that a podcast can be helpful in my future as a teacher.   Any job that a person has just started, that person would want to know as much as possible going into that field of work.  I will make sure that I allow podcast to be a benefit to me when I start teaching.

3 comments:

  1. As soon as you start teaching let me know how to subscribe to your class podcasts. EDM310 will comment on them! Looking forward to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will do that. I am looking forward to them also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your response to E.P.N. No doubt about the fact that it is extremely important to collaborate with other teachers so that you can share good ideas with one another. You never know when someone else may be able to use your ideas or visa versa.

    ReplyDelete