Sunday, March 6, 2011

Blog Post # 7

Randy Pausch last lecture was a really good video to watch.  The fact that he about to lose his life makes the video more interesting to watch.  That is what really grab my attention.  Randy teaches about how to achieve goals in life and also how to help others reach there goal.
One of the things that I like was how Randy said to not allow brick walls to stop you.  He said that brick walls are sometimes there to stop others from going through.  Basically whoever tries the hardest is the one that deserves to go through the door.  That can be a good life lesson for someone who is trying hard to do something and can't seem to get it done.  Don't Give Up.
 Another thing that I like what Randy has to say was about girls listening to guys.  Even though he only mention this for a second, it was a good point.  He said for girls to ignore everything a guy says and pay attention to only what they do.  This does help me with being able to give advice to my daughter about boys.  That is one of my goals is for my daughter to be treated right so maybe that will help some.

The last thing that I remember how randy said not to set a bar for your students.  He said that you can hold them back that way.  I have never thought of that but that is a really good point.  I will have to remember that as a teacher and as a parent.  The head fakes(which is to get someone interested in something to teach them something else and they don't even know it) where also good ways of teaching someone something in a different way.
Blog Post # 7

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jude!

    I also liked it when Pausch told girls not to listen to what a guy says but to pay attention to what they do. That is good advice for your daughter! However, I didn't agree with Pausch when he said teachers shouldn't set a bar for their students. Anyway, great work and I'll see you Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right on Jude-- Mr Pausch really seems to inspire use all.

    ReplyDelete