Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Blog for EDM510

I probably should make a new post for EDM510. The website and assignments were a little confusing at first, but I think I have made some progress. I'm sure I will continue to make mistakes on the way for two reasons. First, I need to read instructions better. It is easy to try to skim through instructions when there are numerous assignments. I want to finish the assignments as fast as possible. When this happens, persons might not take the time to really understand what they are doing and the reason for it. Secondly, I think mistakes will be made because of the instructions. I say this because I'm a teacher and want to make sure that I'm aware of how instructions can be ambiguous. Sometimes teachers giving instructions just assume that their instructions are clear. This is not always true. I try to think of what I'm saying to students. Just because I understand what I'm talking about, doesn't mean my students do. As a teacher, I try think of myself as a student which is what I am right now and have been for most of my life. Over the years, there have been many times where teachers were just telling me something, assuming I knew everything they were saying. I would just sit there instead of asking what that teacher meant. Students do just sit there. Teachers, we should be aware of this when we teach and give instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment